Diversity is a defining feature of UC San Francisco and a source of strength that is critical to our success. Our differences – of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, socioeconomic status, abilities, experience and more – enhance our ability to achieve our core missions of research, teaching, patient care and public service. We are committed to enhancing an environment that includes, celebrates and serves our diverse communities.
UCSF will champion diversity, equity and inclusion as core to our mission and will nurture and grow a culture in which everyone from all backgrounds is welcomed, supported, respected and valued.
- Become known nationally as a destination for the brightest and most creative individuals with a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Build upon and enrich our diverse culture, focusing on addressing current weaknesses and deficiencies, with the same investment, innovation and rigor that we approach other efforts at UCSF.
- Enhance the personal, curricular and professional development and organizational strategies needed to support and sustain a diverse and inclusive culture, striving to provide equal opportunity at all levels.
- Establish metrics for UCSF’s culture of equity and inclusion and measure, evaluate and report on outcomes on an annual basis to ensure accountability and transparency
- Foster an ongoing dialogue between our campus and the Bay Area community about issues of equity, inclusion, disparities and social justice.