UCSF Police Accountability Board
The launch of the Police Accountability Board website, which provides information about PAB as well as a secure and convenient way for the community to submit concerns and/or complaints about UCSF PD, is announced by Chancellor Sam Hawgood and Vice Chancellor Renee Navarro.
Dear UCSF Community,
As part of the UCSF Anti-Racism Initiative, our organization is committed to creating a safe, healthy, and welcoming environment for all. To support this effort, in October 2023 we established the UCSF Police Accountability Board (PAB).
PAB’s primary objective is to independently review investigation reports regarding civilian grievances about sworn UCSF Police Department (PD) officers and to offer recommendations to the UCSF Chief of Police. The work of the board is in alignment with University of California President Michael V. Drake’s 2021 systemwide community safety plan. We are pleased to note that there were no civilian complaints lodged against UCSF Police in 2023.
Today we are sharing an important new resource, the UCSF Police Accountability Board website, which provides information about PAB as well as a secure and convenient way for the community to submit concerns and/or complaints about UCSF PD.
PAB includes learners, faculty, and staff from across the enterprise. We are grateful to these individuals for committing their time to ensuring that complaints regarding UCSF Police policies and conduct are resolved in a fair, thorough, reasonable, and expeditious manner. Please see below for the full board membership.
- Chair: Renée Navarro, PharmD, MD – Vice Chancellor, Diversity and Outreach
- Adam Cooper, DNP, RN, NPD-BC – Director, Nursing Continuous Improvement
- Eddy A. Ruiz, PhD – Assistant Vice Chancellor, Climate and Belonging
- Elizabeth Picazo – Graduate Division
- Errol Lobo, MD, PhD – Professor Emeritus, School of Medicine
- Kathryn LeMoine – School of Pharmacy
- Maga Jackson-Triche, MD – Executive Advisor for DEI, Office of the Chief Operating Officer, UCSF Health
- Ifeyinwa Asiodu, RN, PhD, FAAN – Associate Professor, School of Nursing
- Lafonda Traore, RN – DEI Council Facilitator
- Roberto Ariel Vargas, MPH – Associate Director, Center for Community Engagement
Sam Hawgood, MBBS
Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Distinguished Professor
Renée Navarro, PharmD, MD
Chief Diversity and Outreach Officer
Professor of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care
Questions about this article?