This senior leadership team advises the Chancellor on budgetary and investment issues of critical importance to the performance, successful growth, and reputation of UCSF.
The Budget & Investment Committee collaborates as a leadership team to:
- Understand and review the UCSF budget at the level of the enterprise
- Assess priorities and tradeoffs for funding allocations and strategic investments, including large-scale capital, information technology, and programmatic investments
- Ensure transparency of the budget process
- Report findings and recommendations to the Chancellor’s Cabinet on a regular basis
- Advise the Chancellor on budget and investment strategies
Topics outside the scope of this committee include internal budgets for schools, departments and the Medical Center; space allocations; and hiring and appointments.
The Budget & Investment Committee is a subcommittee of the Chancellor’s Cabinet and includes:
- Catherine R. Lucey, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost (co-chair)
- Erin S. Gore, Senior Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration (co-chair)
- Nicquet Blake, Dean, Graduate Division and Vice Provost, Student Academic Affairs
- Michael Clune, Senior Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer
- Kathy Giacomini, Dean, School of Pharmacy
- Catherine Gilliss, Dean, School of Nursing
- Suresh Gunasekaran, President and Chief Executive Officer, UCSF Health
- Steven Hetts, Chair, Academic Senate
- Raju Iyer, Chief Financial Officer, UCSF Health
- Talmadge King, Jr., Dean, School of Medicine
- Michael Reddy, Dean, School of Dentistry
Decisions shall be determined by committee members only, with no substitutions.
Working groups may be formed at the discretion of the co-chairs to address a specific issue and report back to the committee with information and/or recommendations. Members of the working group do not necessarily need to be committee members.