UCSF will champion diversity, equity and inclusion as core to our mission and will nurture and grow a culture in which everyone from all backgrounds is welcomed, supported, respected and valued.
- Become known nationally as a destination for the brightest and most creative individuals with a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
- Build upon and enrich our diverse culture, focusing on addressing current weaknesses and deficiencies, with the same investment, innovation and rigor that we approach other efforts at UCSF.
- Enhance the personal, curricular and professional development and organizational strategies needed to support and sustain a diverse and inclusive culture, striving to provide equal opportunity at all levels.
- Establish metrics for UCSF’s culture of equity and inclusion and measure, evaluate and report on outcomes on an annual basis to ensure accountability and transparency
- Foster an ongoing dialogue between our campus and the Bay Area community about issues of equity, inclusion, disparities and social justice.