I write to request nominations for the Chancellor’s Award for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and/or Transgender (GLBT) Leadership. This award recognizes contributions to the advancement of the GLBT people and communities at UCSF. The nomination form, award criteria, and a list of prior recipients are available online.
Three individuals—one faculty, one staff, and one student/resident/postdoctoral scholar—will be selected to receive this award at a special ceremony on Wednesday, June 13, 2012. I encourage you to nominate individuals who meet one or more of the following selection criteria—whether or not they are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender:
- Status—elevating the equality and status of GLBT people on campus
- Visibility—increasing the visibility of GLBT experiences and issues on campus
- Mentoring—helping to create and participating in career and academic mentoring for GLBT people on campus
- Education and Research—contributing to the generation and dissemination of knowledge on GLBT health and well-being through education, research, and public presentations
- Advancement—promoting and advancing the admission, recruitment, and upward mobility of GLBT people on campus
Questions may be directed to Committees Coordinator Suya Colorado-Caldwell, Offices of the Chancellor and Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost at 476-4421 or via email at [email protected]. Forms and supporting materials must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 12, 2012.
I hope you will consider nominating outstanding colleagues for this exemplary award.
Susan Desmond-Hellmann, MD, MPH
Arthur and Toni Rembe Rock Distinguished Professor