I write to request nominations for the annual Chancellor's Award for the Advancement of Women. This award recognizes exceptional efforts towards the advancement of women at UCSF beyond the scope of an individual's job, area of research, or student training. The nomination form, award criteria, and a list of prior recipients are available online. Three individuals—one faculty/academic, one staff, one student/resident/postdoctoral scholar—will be selected to receive this award at a special ceremony to be held in the spring. I encourage you to nominate both women and men who excel in one or more of the following:
* elevating the status of women on campus;
* improving campus policies affecting women;
* participating in career or academic mentoring for women;
* generating and disseminating knowledge on women's health through research, teaching, and public presentations; and/or
* advancing the admission, recruitment, retention, and upward mobility of women at UCSF.
Nominations may be submitted in electronic or hard copy to Committees Coordinator, Suya Colorado-Caldwell at either [email protected] or to the Office of the Chancellor, S-24, Box 0402 by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 11, 2011. If you have questions, please contact her at (415) 476-4421.
Susan Desmond-Hellmann, MD, MPH