This award recognizes exceptional departmental and employee management by staff members who demonstrate outstanding dedication to the betterment of their staff and UCSF. Award recipients exhibit extraordinary professional performance and managerial service beyond the scope of their individual functions at UCSF, and serve as role models for future generations of UCSF managers and supervisors.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have a supervisor or manager title code, have been a career UCSF employee for at least five years, and have a minimum 50% appointment at the time of nomination (questions regarding title code and employment eligibility must be answered by your departmental personnel assistant or your Human Resources customer service representative prior to submitting a nomination).
- Have been vetted and endorsed by their supervisor and department head.
- Have not previously received the award.
- Have exhibited and sustained outstanding management performance as delineated below by the “Selection Criteria.”
Nominees will be evaluated per the following criteria:
- Creativity/Innovation: demonstrates ability to develop new methods and approaches resulting in positive change and new standards of performance
- Communication/Responsiveness: demonstrates commitment to timely, honest, thorough, and sensitive communication and profound capacity to respond to those managed and served as well as to resolve problems promptly and willingly
- Diversity/Inclusion: demonstrates commitment to advancing the spectrum of people and perspectives in order to provide a broadly diverse work environment and culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and inherently open to diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care
- Integrity/Accountability: demonstrates commitment to uphold the ethical standards of the University and to be unwaveringly fair, honest, transparent, and accountable in interactions with their staff and the campus community
- Performance/Engagement: demonstrates maximum levels of professional competency, reliability, and responsibility as well as career action, involvement, and commitment to advancing staff development, growth, and engagement
- Collaboration/Support: demonstrates exceptional ability to effectively and respectfully work within and between groups to manage all points of view toward achieving departmental goals and furthering UCSF priorities in a supportive environment
Required Nomination Materials
Please submit all nomination material electronically:
- Completed nomination form
- A copy of the nominee’s job description
- One e-nomination letter from the nominee’s supervisor citing specific examples of the nominee’s exceptional managerial performance as related to the “Selection Criteria.”
- Up to two e-support letters citing specific examples of the nominee’s exceptional managerial performance as related to the “Selection Criteria.” Note: e-support letters may be endorsed by multiple supporters.
For questions, please contact Suya Colorado-Caldwell.