Dear Members of the UCSF Community:
Finance3 went live on March 10. A major initiative affecting a significant and diverse population of campus, this effort included converting twenty-nine central systems to the new Chart of Accounts and launching MyReports and UPlan—two new financial tools that will benefit our campus by providing better and more robust data that will inform our decisions moving forward.
The Finance3 project exemplifies the best of UCSF, with significant collaboration and extensive input from across the campus. We send our thanks to all of the people who worked tirelessly over the last two years to implement Finance3 including:
- Finance3 Champions from across the campus
- UPlan Coordinators from each of the Control Points
- MyReports and UPlan departmental Subject Matter Experts
- Think Tanks and Local Process Design Groups from the Schools and Central Administration
- Finance3 Project Teams comprising representatives from Budget and Resource Management, Controllers Office, IT and the Program Management Office
- Finance Functional Leadership Team
In addition, we extend our appreciation to everyone who attended the Finance3 town halls and to those who completed the extensive training offered. Thank you in advance for your continued dedication and patience as we transition to these two new tools.
Sam Hawgood, MBBS
Dean, School of Medicine
Senior Vice Chancellor – Finance and Administration