The Space Committee discusses and advises on decisions associated with oversight of building and occupancy planning; strategic space governance policy; strategic space allocation decisions; and ad hoc strategic space planning groups, such as the UCSF 2030 Task Force.
The committee is advised by its two subcommittees: the Space Management Subcommittee and New Space Development Subcommittee.
The Space Committee includes:
- Sam Hawgood, Chancellor
- Dan Lowenstein, Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost (Co-Chair)
- Paul Jenny, Senior Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration (Co-Chair)
- Mark Laret, President and Chief Executive Officer, UCSF Health
- Teresa Costantinidis, Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer
- Michael Reddy, Dean, School of Dentistry
- Talmadge King, Jr., Dean School of Medicine
- Catherine Gilliss, Dean, School of Nursing
- B. Joseph Guglielmo, Dean, School of Pharmacy
- Sue Carlisle, Vice Dean, Zuckerberg San Francisco General
- Bruce Wintroub, Vice Dean, School of Medicine
- Stuart Eckblad, Vice President Major Capital Construction, UCSF Health
- Tim Mahaney, Vice President, Facilities and Support Services, UCSF Health
- Lori Yamauchi, Associate Vice Chancellor, Campus Planning
- Michael Bade, Associate Vice Chancellor, Capital Programs
- Esther Morales, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Real Estate and Asset Development
- Paul Volberding, Academic Senate Representative
- Chad Christine, Academic Senate Representative
- Lowell Tong, Academy of Medical Educators Representative
Membership of the committee may be changed by the designated co-chairs as appropriate.