This award recognizes the exceptional service by staff members who demonstrate outstanding University citizenship, devoting time as well as energy to serve the campus community toward fulfilling its core priorities and mission. The excellence and success for which UCSF is world renowned is founded upon the many service contributions of the people who work at UCSF and embody our UCSF PRIDE values. Individual service contributions that go above and beyond the scope of a person’s job are an inspiration to all.
Eligibility Requirements for Nomination
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Have been a career UCSF employee for at least five years and have a minimum 50% staff appointment at the time of nomination (questions regarding employment eligibility can be answered by your Human Resources representative prior to submitting a nomination).
- Have been nominated by their supervisor and endorsed by their department head.
- Have not previously received the award.
- Have exhibited and sustained outstanding service to the University as delineated below by the “Selection Criteria.”
Nominees will be evaluated per the following criteria:
- Time – How much time beyond the scope of the nominee’s job, research, or training does the nominee devote to exceptionally serve the University?
- Activity – How does the nominee’s service activity exceptionally surpass the responsibilities of their position?
- Benefit – How has the University and its priorities—continuous learning, equity and inclusion, precision medicine, and transformative partnerships—substantially benefitted from this nominee’s service?
- Participation – How does the nominee exceed expectations when actively participating, interacting, and collaborating with the campus community to provide exceptional service to the University?
- Lasting Impact – How has the nominee’s service benefited the University over an extended period of time?
Required Nomination Materials
Please submit all nomination materials electronically:
- Completed nomination form
- One e-nomination letter citing specific examples identifying the nominee’s above and beyond service contributions per each of the “Selection Criteria.”
- Up to two e-support letters citing specific examples about the nominee's above and beyond service contributions as related to the above “Selection Criteria.” Note: e-support letters may be endorsed by multiple supporters.